Fennel Pollen-Roasted Rack of Lamb
If you think lamb is only an Easter dish, it’s time to shake things up. This Fennel Pollen-Roasted Rack of Lamb will help you do just that; its juicy tender meat and a herb rub will carry you through all seasons. Not only is the beauty of any lamb recipe super easy to whip up, but that you can adjust the herbs and spices and concoct a rub of your choice.
Lamb chops are just the start and you only need a few ingredients to build this dish. Plus, it cooks up in a hurry, saving you precious time when you’ve run out of alternatives or when all your recent dinners have featured chicken or beef, and you wonder what other proteins are left — don’t worry, we’ve all been there!
This Fennel Pollen-Roasted Rack of Lamb will be a staple in our repertoire, it’s a tasty recipe to feed a crowd for Easter, and a perfect addition to glow up any ordinary mid-week dinner. Simply fry up some vegetables or add a serving of mashed potatoes to complete this lamb dish.
Star tip: Swap out herbs and spices and adjust to your preference. Try out rosemary, paprika, or thyme, and tantalize your taste buds!
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- ¼ cup (32.5 grams) of toasted almonds
- ½ cup (41.5 grams) of grated cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ¼ tsps (7 grams) of kosher salt
- 1 rack of lamb
- 2 tbsp (11 grams) of fennel pollen
- ½ tsps (2.85 grams) of black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15ml) of grapeseed oil
- In a saucepan, bring enough salted water to a boil to soak basil leaves for 30 seconds; drain and transfer to a large bowl of cold water. Once cool, drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Put basil leaves, cheese, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a blender to form a thick sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). While the oven heats up, prepare the lamb rack (trim and remove fatty bits), dry the protein with paper towels, and season with fennel pollen and pepper.
- Pour grapeseed oil into our stainless steel sauté pan over medium heat. Place lamb rack in the saute pan and sear until you achieve the glorious golden brown color (approximately 3 minutes on each side).
To get that perfect golden brown crust, our Accent Stainless Steel Sauté Pan will be great for the job with its wide base that can hold large racks of lamb while the tall side walls prevent annoying oil splatter.
Ready to try it yourself? Shoot us a message and let us know how it goes or have any tips to make it even more delish!
#MEYER #HomeCooking #DeliciousIdeas #LambRack